Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blogging Again...Bella Style

Before I had kids, when y'all were the ones with little ones, I alway wished you would send out more updates than you did. I thought if I was ever the one with kids, I would be better about keeping everyone up-to-date with what was going on. Now I understand the lack of updates! Holy cow...we are busy! I'm going to tackle an update now, because the dishwasher doesn't need to be emptied, the floors don't need to be swept/mopped, the laundry is all caught up, I don't have any "real" work that needs to be done, the kids aren't clammering for my attention, there are no dust bunnies hiding in the corners, and the island isn't piled so high that you can't see the counter top! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Isabella is growing up so fast. She seems to mature every day. She enjoys all things girly...her entire wardrobe is pink and purple (she refuses to wear black, brown or dark green). She loves to dance, sing and put on "concerts" for us. Her favorite song is still "Living on a Prayer" by Alvin and the Chipmonks, but she will tolerate the original by Bon Jovi. She also likes the song by Willow Smith...is it called, "I whip my hair back and forth"? Obviously Mom is a bit behind on pop culture!

She's doing well in school. She's writing all of her letters, knows what they all say, but is still struggling with letter combinations (why IS the 'K' silent when it's with an 'N'?). She's starting to read a little. On her list of favorite things are her Barbies, her Grandma Rose, and her Mommy (possibly in that order!). She loves to build stuff and is constantly hanging bed sheets and blankets from her top bunk to make swings. She's also a master negotiator, always trying to find ways to bargain for "one more minute" of whatever fun activity she's engaged in at the time.Bella recently had a struggle with a little boy in her lunch room. We talked to the teacher and got permission for her to move to another room. However Bella decided that she wanted to stick it out and deal with him. She was NOT letting him get to her. We were really proud of her stick-to-it-ness. She's a very strong child that doesn't back down from anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bella Boo makes me so proud! She's an amazing child with a lot of girly spunk--got to love THAT! ...thanks for sharing--I am enjoying reading these again! xo ~Aunt Amy